Lazy daisy! Isn’t the name captivating? As much as the name is fun, doing lazy daisy stitches is more fun. It’s a chain stitching that is practiced specially to make floral patterns and designs. In this article we are going to address a question which is How to do a lazy daisy stitch.
As the name explain it self. Lazy daisy is considered as one of the most debatably easiest way of creating the embroidery flowers leaves. This way of doing is also known as a detached chain stitch.
How to embroider daisies
It’s actually an embroidery technique for floral design. It is used in loops and in a long chain that ends up producing an embroidered lazy daisy floral design. It looks outstanding as the out product gives a very smooth look of the pattern and embroidery stitch is utilized.
There is a double lazy daisy stitch as well. It has two or sometimes three rings. Every ring has a different color, when one color is used. Then the other ring is used to cover that design with another color.
This is how it works. Furthermore, many factors are aligned if we consider lazy daisy stitches, as a
Few will be elucidated further. Moreover, if you are into embroidery stitching and want to know about lazy daisy stitches. Then you should definitely give a read to this article.
Lazy daisy stitch designs:
There are many great designs, through which the cloth is beautifully enhanced. We’ll discuss a few common ones.
- Long-tailed daisy stitch: This is the design when the anchor stitch is sewed a little bit longer than typical. Anchor stitch is done to prevent the first stitch to open without knots.
- This means without any knots in the initial step the sewed part will not scatter when anchor stitch is used. It’s long-tailed because the design is a long patterned one with flower buds. These flower buds are an attractive part of the design.
- Double lazy daisy stitch: This is a simple and an alternative of the lazy daisy stitch. In which floral pattern is made through two lazy daisy stitches and is snuggled into each other.
- Two colored lazy daisy stitch: It’s a bit different from normal stitch, as the anchor stitch in this design is of a different color.
- Two ways to do it. It’s upon the preference of yours. Either you do the anchor stitch first and then, later on, make the floral pattern through stitch. Or you make the floral pattern first then, do the anchor stitch over it when the floral design is completed.
- Lazy daisy design with more than one anchor stitches: This is used when you have to make a more attractive floral pattern. It’s just that more than one anchor stitch is used and a thread to have an impressive outlook.
- Spider lazy daisy: This is another interesting design made through lazy daisy. In this, you have to make a normal flower first. Then by using a different or same color, you have to weave through the flower in and out, starting from the middle to the outer area.
How to Stitch a Lazy Daisy
Lazy daisy flower:
- It requires a few steps to be followed to complete the flower through lazy daisy stitching.
- Initially commence with making a circle in between. Then from one of the edges of the circle bring the thread from below. You have to then pull it till a point, the length between the edge of the circle and the point would be the length of the petal. Make sure you don’t pull the thread completely out.
- The next step is easier for people who have knowledge of chain stitching. In which you have to wrap the thread around the needle.
- Then pull the thread to generate a loop. Moreover, then pull the needle out to secure the loop made. At the end make sure to tighten it by doing an anchor stitch on the edge of the petal.
- After the above step, one petal is completed. You have to continue making the other petals by following the same steps. This is how your lazy daisy flower can be produced with fine augmentation.
How to do Lazy Daisy Flowers
Double lazy daisy stitch:
It’s the best way to make a captivating embroidery design as it involves usage of various colors. It can be done by following a few steps.
- Initiate the process by pulling the thread upwards from below the fabric. Then insert the needle at a point, then on another point without moving the needle down. Furthermore, the floss needs to be placed under the needle and then you have to pull the thread.
- To further make the lazy daisy, make another point, that point will be above the second point made in the first step. Then you have to make a stitch from those two points. Then take the needle to the first point.
- The next step is to pass the needle from the stitch made in the second step.
- Take the needle and insert it in the first point, after that your double lazy daisy stitch is finalized.
This double lazy daisy stitch can be helpful in a lot of ways. You can use it instead of a simple lazy daisy stitch. It’s best to make decorative pieces through embroidery stitches.
Here some of the knowledge which might be very useful for you during lazy daisy stitch.
How to do Double Lazy Daisy stitch
one of the basic slog embroidery stitch on which you can work individually as a dispersed filling or in some cases rows. You can used it some little variations and make it useful for different stitching like lines with more accuracy and less stitches.
The is a ornamental practice in which you need to twisted a thread around the sewing needle many times before you insert it into the needle into the cloth. Bullion stitches know by plenty name like bullion knots, coil stitch, grub knot, porto rico rose, post stitch and also worm stitch.
This is a type of counted thread embroidery and its consider as one of the easiest type of hand embroidery any one can learn. Cross stitch encompass X-shaped stitches performed on fabric with even and open weave like: Aida or linen. Design can be varied from traditional to modern.
To sum up, I can say that lazy daisy embroidery is a whole new experience with a lot of fun for people who are into embroidery.
Generally, it’s nearly effortless for people who know chain stitching. However, easy for those as well who are novice in this field. Few aspects of lazy daisy stitch are elaborated in the article. I hope it turns out to be helpful for you.
Articles Name Link
What is an embroidery machine Read now
Which is the best embroidery machine Read now
How use embroidery machine Read now